Bring your wrap back to life with our signature recipe beeswax wrap refresher block made with the same ingredients we use for all our beeswax wraps; food-grade pure beeswax, Damar tree resin & jojoba oil. This refresher block is ready mixed and comes with the instructions below.
1 block will refresh 1 bread wrap or 2 large wraps or 2 to 3 medium wraps or 4 to 5 small wraps
1 block could be used to make your own new wrap from a piece of clean fabric (approx. 32 x 32 cm)
1 block will do many repairs
Note: quantity of wraps repaired or refreshed may be more or less than above depending on the condition of your wrap.
How to refresh your wrap
- Chill the refresher block in the fridge overnight to make it easier to grate/slice. (Be careful of your fingers when cutting the block!)
- Be careful not to spread over the edge of the grease-proof paper onto the iron!
- Store left over wax in the box.
- Clean the grater with hot water from the kettle, do this outside on grass or soil as wax will solidify in your sink/drain!
- An old towel
- Kitchen Grater
- Iron (steam off, medium/high setting)
- 2 x grease-proof paper or parchment paper (5cm larger than the wrap, keep to reuse)
- 1 x Queen Bee refresher block
- Grate as much of the beeswax block needed for the repair (tip: chill block in the fridge overnight before grating)
- Protect your work surface or ironing board with an old towel
- Place your first sheet of baking paper on the protected surface
- Lay a square of fabric on top
- Spread the grated wax, evenly, over the area needing repaired or the whole wrap if refreshing a well used wrap. If difficult to grate, place block back in the fridge
- Place the second sheet of baking paper on the fabric
- Gently press the hot iron on the parchment layers, keep iron moving. Use the iron to spread the melted wax over the repair area or full wrap
- Once the wrap looks all wet and covered gently lift top sheet (place sheet to one side, wet side up)
- Pick up the wrap by two corners and waft for 30 seconds until dry
- Your wrap is now good to go